Shipping goods can be very complicated considering all involved processes. Shipping companies often require more manpower to perform their tasks, from rating, booking handling, container release, documentation, billing, cargo acceptance, loading, discharging up to delivery. No matter how much cargo is shipped, shippers and consignees know very well the importance of employing a professional and reliable shipping company to take care of all the complicated ins and outs.
THINGS CAN GO WRONG
While shipping companies are taking measures to avoid certain road bumps throughout the shipping process, things can always go wrong. Traditional shipping methods involving loads of paper works, and drawn-out manual tasks are prone to inaccuracies and miscalculations that can compromise reliability. Companies using these methods necessitate flexibility in both time and design to deliver "good enough" service.
TRADITIONAL SHIPPING METHODS ARE INEFFICIENT
Notwithstanding the technological advances in the shipping industry, many shipping companies are still bound to the traditional methods of processing and transporting consignments. Aside from the lengthy processes that are overburdened by manual tasks, companies using these methods are often faced with a whole bunch of other problems that almost always come with them:
• Delays in processing of information
• Inaccuracy in processing of reports
• Double entry into different systems (i.e. Port Information Systems, Customs systems etc.)
• Hassles in filling out export forms and other documents
• No visibility on profitability and costs
• Costly communication between shipper, consignees, depots, terminals and other parties
All of these result in reduced efficiency and low ROI. Fortunately, there are several shipping software systems that can eliminate these problems and help you gain strategic advantage. However, the solution lies on whether you have the eagerness to adopt best industry practices and to replace your company's aging IT structure with a modern one.
WHY YOU NEED A LINER SHIPPING SOFTWARE
In the Shipping Industry, it is important that shipments cross borders quickly and arrive on time. Liner Shipping software, simplifies this entire shipping process:
• It saves time by automating intricate tasks such as booking, invoicing, documentation, disbursement accounting, etc.
• It reduces errors that are common with manually-performed tasks.
• It manages logistics flow from one point and allows centralized control of agents, equipments and vessels.
• It increases staff productivity and reduces operational expenses.
• It speeds up transactions to avoid delays.
• It allows voyage estimation, which is crucial in productivity
• It streamlines communication between all involved parties.
• It provides real-time reports on the company performance.
• It provides up-to-date revenue and expense information to manage budgets pro-actively.
Simplify your entire shipping operations, speed up every transaction, and increase productivity with shipping software solutions. Start out by finding a software vendor that is right for your company. Once you're up and running, you can free up more time and focus on more productive tasks.